Thursday, October 13, 2005

I Pod Fortune Teller

I saw it originally on Flsh’s blog. Then I saw Spin do it. I am a shameless follower.

IPod shuffle thingie: only I used a list of songs I was keeping to have Bobert put on a mix CD for me because I do not have an IPod….here goes.

1. What do you think of me?
SAVE ME – Shinedown

And please just save me if you can
From the blasphemy in my wasteland

I can help people feel better about themselves? I had a psychic tell me one time I would be like a “god” to the people in my life once I found my calling….

2. Will I have a happy life?
DROPS OF JUPITER – Train
Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know you’re wrong
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone
ConversationT
he best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me

I think that means yes

3. What do my friends really think of me?
FRESHMAN – The Verve Pipe
When I was young I knew everything
She a punk who rarely ever took advice

I am a smart ass. I agree.

4. What does my significant other think of me?
NO RAIN – Blind Melon

just want some one to say to me
I'll always be there when you wake
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today
So stay with me and I'll have it made

She’s co-depended and will stay with me to feel safe. Depressing.

5. Do people secretly lust after me?
MR. BRIGHTSIDE – The Killers
I just can’t look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the seaS
wimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

Hooray. I have a stalker

6. How can I make myself happy?
COLLIDE – Howie Day
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine

Remember no one is perfect.

7. What should I do with my life?
LITHIUM – Nirvana
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends

Make friends?

8. Why must life be so painful?
HOLIDAY – Green Day
I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On holiday

Because this is not really life. Its hell on earth. Great.

9. What advice can you give me?
SEX AND CANDY – Marcy Playground
I smell sex and candy here
Who's that lounging in my chair
Who's that casting devious stares
In my direction
Mama this surely is a dream

Have sex. Eat Sweets. Let hot chicks stare at me. I like this one.

10. What do you think true happiness is?
LOSING MY RELIGION – R.E.M.
That's me in the cornerT
hat's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion

Don’t go to church. I agree.

11. Will I die happy?
SUGAR WE”RE GOING DOWN – Fall Out Boy”

We’re going down down in an earlier Round,
Sugar we’re going down swingin’”

I think this is a no, I die young and in a painful manner. Bummer.

Well. That was fun. And insightful. Sort of.

1 comment:

HistoryGeek said...

Excellent! Nice musical choices on that mix, too.