Monday, March 06, 2006

Think I'll Go for a walk now

Lots to talk about today, albeit breifly. Maybe something more interesting later, if I can manage.

Walk the Line: Really good film. Joaquin Phoenix is so much like Johnny Cash it frightens me. I love the music. I love his acting. I don’t think Reese Witherspoon deserved an Oscar for her performance, but it wasn’t bad at all.

Pride and Prejudice: an easy film to watch. Keira Knightly is easy on the eyes. All the acting was good. The set and costume design was brilliant. I liked a lot of the lighting effects.

First Day on the Job: Was interesting. I like my new boss, she’s really nice. I get to start on the floor as soon as I memorize the menu. I think I can do it. I am also looking forward to the variety that my new work schedule will offer. My co-workers seem very nice.

Flash: Welcome home Flashy! [See the ladies lining up?] He’s posted some great pics of his send off, and of something else, which I won’t spoil, although I will compliment him upon it. Very nice, monsieur!

Phil and Adem are starting a business, in case you’d like a new header for your blog. Sorry, boys, logo. A new logo...Phil’s new one is ace, so you might check it out. In other news, of friend in Bognor is getting his hair cut...and holding a contest to see if we can guess it...

For Aravis: Here's a good link on Purim, will tell you about everything you need. isn't Wiki wonderful? As for me, I think I am going as the sun...

6 comments:

-L said...

I thoroughly enjoyed Pride and Prejudice as well! Keira was a very good fit.

Glad you had a good first day on the job! Who are the people you will be working with?

HistoryGeek said...

I'm glad the job is good, at first glance.

Anonymous said...

I found the Oscars boring.

Thanks for reminding me about Flash I have been meaning to visit his blog.

Anonymous said...

Ps, I agree about Keira.

Aravis said...

I get touchy about Jane Austen and movie adaptations (I would destroy every copy of the BBC's Persuasion I could get my hands on if I could), so I haven't seen it yet. The fact that he proposes to her outdoors in the pouring rain rather than in her friend's home irks me irrationally. I'll wait until it comes out on dvd.

Congratulations on the new job! It sounds like a great fit, and I have no doubt you'll be able to do the necessary memorization. :0)

Flash said...

Keira Knightley is beautiful & sadly, is not at present queueing up!

Thanks for the nod, AG!