Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ouch


Alright. I don't have pics of the tattoos developed yet, but I will soon, I promise.

I did go and get it last night. Mystery, Charlie Brown and Beloved came with me. We had to wait for a while, so I taught them to play "bs" the card game and we also had a few rousing games of "go fish" before we decided to go grab a bite. The artist told me he would do Mystery and I after he finished the other person, who was getting a huge pair of wings tattooed on her back.

We went to the local deli and I had a potato with pot roast and carrots. Mmm. I wont bore you with eeryone's order. I think we bored Beloved to death with our ideas for books, television shows and discussions about our high school math classes. (Beloved, I should mention, is quite cool and was a jock in high school as well as the homecoming queen. I don't know how she ended up with a nerd like me...)

After we went back we had another few rounds of "go fish" and it was my turn [I also should add, I can play nearly every variation of whist and poker known to man, they can't though, hence the boring games...]

I got really nervous all of a sudden, and had the obligitory jokes about pain and old age. I was also nervoous because normally i straddle a chair and hold on to it. This time I just sat to the side of it and propped my shoulders to the side of it.

now, I have a pretty decent pain tolerance. But let me say. OUCH!!! it hurt so bad. I didn't remember it being so painful. Of course, Beloved didn't know she could talk to me, so I sat in silence while i got it done, short the few moments I complimented my artist on his singing [Alice Cooper, in case you were curious]

Once done, Mystery took her turn, and wow, she didn't even flinch. She got hers on her forearm, and it wasn't the Lorax, but I won't spoil what it is just yet until she posts it on her blog, because I suspect we have some common readers. Hers turned out very nicely, and of course, we have some shots of us together, in the parlor.

I bled a lot, and I waited until about 11pm to take the bandage off. Beloved had to help me clean it. I can't reach it myself.

Anyways. thank you all for the well wishes yesterday. It made my birthday. I hope to get the pics up soon, probably around the same time I get my pics from the party this weekend, so all of you can see my obscene outfit. Everyone seemed wuite excited at the prospect....Swiss, Flash and Spins...goddness, what's gotten into you three? ;)

lots of love until later....
AG

4 comments:

sunshine said...

Ummm, who are the three people in the photo wishing you a happy day?

You love to dangle hopes of pictures of you on here, don't you?

We'll wait, guess we have no choice.

You are evil!!

Alecya G said...

haha. I did post some pics, didn't I? In the christmas post.

Those lovely children are my three step siblings, from left to right: nice boy, lil bit and junior.

As soon as I can get the photos developed I will get some more up. Would you like to see more pics of me on here? Really? 'Cause I dont want to frighten you lot away...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the tatoos. I don't have any myself but being raised in England I have seen plenty, and I definitly know a good one from a bad one.

HistoryGeek said...

'Cause I dont want to frighten you lot away...

Consider the quotes from your first pictorial...

Sunshine said: "how cute you are"

ST said: "a lovely smile you've got there"

Foxy said: "what a gorgeous picture of you"

and I said: "that is a wonderful picture of you"

Now why would you think you would scare us off?

A little healthy narcissicism is, well, healthy.