Monday, January 30, 2006

Sorry I've Been Gone

Wow. I had a really, really long weekend. I did get to do a few interesting things during it though.

Friday I went to out local mall, and spent the afternoon with Sakura, a friend of mine from my NaNoWriMo group. He and his fellow had just broken up, se we needed to keep his mind off of things for a bit. We met at Starbucks, but rather than eating there we went for Chinese in the food court. After, he took me to the arcade and I played my very first game of Dance Dance Revolution [Extreme]. I made it through all three songs despite the fact I was in 4" boots and they aren’t exactly made for video game style stomping. I got a D on all three levels, but hey - I’m not complaining since I actually made it though all three. I fully intend on going back and having a go whenever I have tennis shoes on. I also went to our local gothic poser store "Hot Topic" and bought a few buttons for my purse [I love buttons] and tried on a gorgeous cream and black corset that made me drool. I look a little more than decent in it, if I don’t say so myself.

Saturday found me at Beloved’s mom’s all day. This was not very exciting, especially as it was raining, but we did get a moment to go out to the barn and I hand fed Beck [mule] and Snoopy [horse] some grain while Beloved messed with some saddles her mom wants to sell. They were soaking wet, but they still felt incredible and they still smelled that lovely horse/mule smell, so I can’t complain. I haven’t been riding in a age, and I miss it terribly.

Yesterday I went to the fitness center. I am determined to get back into shape. I was happy to see that somehow over the holidays despite my not being in the gym at all, I have dropped 10 pounds. Hooray. Now if I can tone, I’ll be a happy girl. Since I was alone I went to the one on the far side of the city so I could swim laps. I managed 25 laps and 10 miles on the bike before I felt as though I needed to stop, so I am pretty proud of myself. After that I headed off to see Mystery. We have a Sunday "play date" if you will. Charlie Brown was leaving as I arrived, so I got to say hi to him as well. I learned the art of single crochet, and we went for a walk, stopped off at the coffee shop by her house and geeked out over Firefly/Serenity and the cast thereof. She’s an excellent girl, Mystery.

Oh. Friday I watched the movie Seven. Seriously disturbed me. Great film though. I *love* Kevin Spacey. He’s a great actor. Brilliant in "American Beauty" and even better in "The Usual Suspects." And as much as I would love to hate Brad Pitt, I can’t help but like almost all of his movies. Bastard. [I am from his hometown, see, and the hype over him here is worse than just about anywhere, I really am over it. So it drives me b-a-n-a-n-a-s that I like his movies.]

About the Meme-

Charby - I will certainly tell you if I scuba...I would love to learn how. Living miles and miles from an ocean does decrease my chances. However, there is a lake in AK that allows a little scuba, and the shack there has T-shirt that says "I Dive on Beaver" [the lake is called Beaver Lake] and I am dying to get it...

Mystic - that was a joke. I don’t tell anyone I don’t want to. I would have been thrown out in a heartbeat though. I went to the camp as a little girl and I loved it there. Its lovely. And the feel of an ice cold spring in the morning? Nothing beats it.

Mark - seems we have opposite taste in films, don’t we? Although I need to have another look at your profile and see what else you like. I don’t like jut rubbish, you know. Although since I have to get Beloved’s stamp of approval on DVD purchases, I am sorely lacking in a lot of decent movies...like Kevin Smith’s stuff, all of Tarantino’s minus Kill Bill, and a lot of classics...I need to take care of that, come think of it. She won’t even *try* to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show, which I though was a right of passage to adulthood around here. I got auctioned off myself. And she hates Monty Python, which I can’t understand at all.

Adem - do you ballroom dance?! And yes, gogo dancer, I think, is the term. Lazy strippers, I call them , you’ve already got all you’re going to take off, off, see? It was a lot of fun, and I am an excellent dancer. I can say that. I know I am.

Right. Any questions? I love sharing, and am lacking in something to post about. Inspiration is always appreciated.

xxx-Alecya

12 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

It sounds like a great weekend. There's a Dance Revolution game at one of the movie theaters. I've never done it (mostly because I have this thing about people watching me...I'm definitely not an exhibitionist). If I'd been in 4 inch boots, I would have probably hurt someone - including myself.

adem said...

They are starting to put the Dance Dance Revolution game in schools in West Virnia in order for those non-sporting type students to get more exercise [more info here]. I've been known to have the odd go as they have one at the bowling alley, and you can work up a good sweat of those!

And I must say that 7even is an excellent film, and Spacey is a brilliant actor. When they were doing the promotion for the film he didn't do any of the publicity or even want his name on the billboards because as soon as people saw that and saw that he wasn't one of the main leads then they would suss that he was the murderer. A good excuse to get out of doing crappy promotional work, eh?

And finally no I don't ballroom dance although I have been known to participate in the odd bout of horizontal dancing...

Alecya G said...

*winks* you dog...

Aravis said...

Let's see...

My brother and sister also shop at Hot Topic, though they are in no way Goths. Is the buttons thing a hang-over from the 80's? I remember doing that then. :0) It's been years since I've gone horseback riding, and I miss it too. I'm also trying to get back in shape, though I've only just started so not doing so well as you yet. Love Kevin Spacey, can't stand Brad Pitt. *G* Also loved Alaska when I visited. My husband is like your Beloved: he doesn't care for Rocky Horror and doesn't enjoy Monty Python. I've thought of conditioning him a la Clockwork Orange, but decided it was too much effort. ;0)

Mark said...

only Richard Curtis films! Most everything else is the same.

Alecya G said...

*glances at Mark's profile* Right you are...impressive.

I love DDR now. And I will become an addict.

Does anyone ballroom dance?

HistoryGeek said...

I can waltz, salsa, and swing (although I need a brush-up and a very patient partner for swing).

I can also do a mean Schottische and Virginia Reel (all those years of elementary phys ed!). Oh! And polka. Polka rocks!

Flash said...

My mum & dad met at ballroom dancing, that's all the incentive I need to stay well away!

Aravis said...

I've been taught, but don't generally do it now. My husband doesn't dance beyond the slow shuffling commonly done during slow dances.

Erika said...

I was going to comment on the gogo dancing too - way to go, girl!

If you're looking for ideas on what to write about, I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on being in a same sex relationship in Bush's America, Stephen Harper's promise to table same sex marriage in Canada now that he's narrowly our PM, or anything sociological like that. I found your feminist posts really riveting, and would love to read more about your thoughts on the world.

Alecya G said...

thanks, Ka. *blushes*

I'll get on that.

Alecya G said...

Yep, it means Cherry Blossom, Foxy. Good call :)