Saturday, December 16, 2006

I feel fine

hey guys, I'm dropping in really quickly to post some photos I've stolen from one of the guys in our group's blog. He's blogging th e trip too, so if you want another person's less biased perspective, you should totally visit him at http://leetspeek.blogspot.com/

He has a lot more pics, but I'll give you the highlights -


Thats the Tigris river as viewed from our plane. Cool, eh?


Thats a view of one of the buildings across from ours in Kuwait City...


This is our group in front of the Grand Mosque in Kuwait City. They are, repsectively, Yours truly [in traditional headscarf, which I've grown very comfortable wearing] Brilliant Bambi [she *is* brilliant, and I am so glad she's here!] Debate Girl, Tall Girl Who Never Talks, Glad He Smokes, and in the back Jared [whos pics I've stolen and who's name there is no point in hiding] and Looks Like Sam. God I look like a tool. Someone put me out of my misery. Actually, now that I've gone back to my traditional black I look just fine. I'll be happy to post more pics, or steal of of Jared and Brilliant Bambi's when I get a second.

We went to the open air market yesterday and I had a fabulous time. I got a lot of cool souvenirs, and a beautiful traditional dress I am dying to wear around. Debate Girl got one too, and we're all going to wear them when the boys wear thier suits and their headscarves. I bought Beloved and Rogue some camels. haha. better than emus. We're going back today and I am looking forward to it, I want to get more stuff, lord knows how we're going to get it all home!

We're off to a radio show this morning. Its for the most popular station in Kuwait, they're going to interview us, how cool is that. And we met with a really important womens progress Kuwaiti NGO last night, and I will ccertainly blog all to hell about that as soona s I get a chance. It was so interesting....

well, Im off, life of celebrity and all. Talk to you all soon. Seriously, checck out Jared's site, he's got some great pics.

AG

3 comments:

Aravis said...

I think you look beautiful in that photo! As does the Tigris, but in a different way of course. *G*

What an amazing time you are having, and what memories you're creating! Keep the updates coming...

Flash said...

Oh happy days!

adem said...

It sounds like you're having a brilliant time... and posting more than ever!

Keep having fun!