What a week. I've also been sick. my allergies have caused my nose to run, my eyes to water, my voice to flee and my asthma to reappear for the first time in nearly 6 years. I'm on *lots* of medecine, so I am more than a little loopy. I am glad I am taking the morning off. I work tonight.
You know, I know I've never told you all much about my work. Much about the people I work with. I'm curious if you want to know much about the people I work with. Its like a little soap opera, only I try not to get too involved. I just watch. And sometimes, laugh. And then again, sometimes, fume. I had a big even last night at work, so I better strap you in on some of the players eh?
My bosses [there are two] are Flower, as she is named for a flower and it couldn't be more appropriate, and Pet My Hair, as, again, she likes to have done. I won't lie, the first time I saw her being petted by the other girls it freaked me out...its just not normal. All the young women in my store are physically affectionate to the point of strangeness, and I confess, being what I am, and them not knowing, it freaks me out.
There are also three service leaders - Tall, Loud and Beloved's Cousin.
I'll get into the other staff as I have time, but these are the hightlights:
My Brother's Name, who is a cook, and could be Flash for all I know. He plays in a decent local/reigonal rock band, is funny, and thanks to me now likes Ani DiFranco. We chat about music on my breaks. Nice guy. Who happens to have the same name as my brother.
Diamond Stud, who was my first trainer, and very sweet. She is so called for the ornament she wears in her nose, and refuses to take out. She's very sarcastic, and funny, and I liked her right away. Again [and see how this happens?] she likes the same music I do, so we get along well.
Laid Back Blonde, my other trainer, is just that. She's also very direct. And when she's angry - watch out. We both have a vendetta for
Big and Stupid, our new hostess who has frayed my every last nerve since her first day. A liar, a lazy person and in general obnoxious presence in my otherwise relatively happy restaurant existence. I'm going to kill her one day, so you lot need to start deciding who will hide me when I being my life on the run.
Anyway. If you want I've a thousand stories about work alreayd, and if it doesnt bore you to death I'll tell you all about it. There's also some other very tricky characters I'll be sure to share with you. My big concern last night was with Pet My Hair and Beloved'sCousin.
Turns out Beloved's Cousin outed me to Pet My Hair. She wanted to talk about it outside while she was smoking. She says to me "I'm very open minded" I told her I was fine with that but it wasn't something I wanted to talk about. She said she didn't care and she wanted me to be happy because she really likes me, and she wouldnt tell anyone else. She went on the rest of the night hugging and kissing and being sweet like she normally is, and not acting at all any different.
I am relieved, I suppose, but I feel half angry at Beloved's cousin for outing me. Thats not cool.
Alright, on to more entertaining things, like you, and my meme that is doing well. *hurrah!*
1. The way you talk. [meaning, the turn of phrase when you write, I suppose]
2. I Bet You Look Good on The Dancefloor, Arctic Monkeys
3. Listen to records
4. Bloody crying shame
5. I remember the comments you used to leave on other people’s blogs. They made me laugh. I thought you were really endearing.
6. “The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions” Alfred Lord Tennyson
7. Do you think you’d be any different [personality] if you became a rockstar tomorrow?
1. You always make me smile.
2. I can’t think of a specific song, but I’m relatively sure it would be by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. That’s kind of the feel I get from you.
3. Drink a beer
4. Alas, a lack on inside jokes. Can you put my banner up for me? Or send me intructions?
5. You randomly showed up on my blog and left a comment that made my day.
6. “Charm is the quality in others that makes us more satisfied with ourselves” Henri Amiel
7. How tall are you?
1. You’re incredibly genuine
2. “I can’t make you love me” Bonnie Raitt
3. Sit and chat over a beverage of your choice
4. *sighs* I should have left this question out, I think.
5. I remember thinking that *everyone* likes you. I’ve never seen a blogger who knows you that isnt completely taken with your sweetness. I mean that.
6. “There is no remedy for love but to love more” Henry David Thoreau
7. How do you manage not to be completely overwhelmed with all you do?
Alright then, now I think there's a good bit of you that owe me one now. Email it to me, if you're shy, because I want to know what you think. Because I am vain like that.
kisses to all of you